Who we are
WISS is the name for the Willesborough Infant School PTA.
We are an active group of parents, grandparents and friends of the school and we work throughout the year to put on events to raise funds for the school. Wherever you see the logo above, it means the event or activity is being organised by WISS. Some of our events are for children, some are for grown-ups and some are for all the family.
What we do
WISS organises a number of events each school year.
This is including a Bonfire craft evening, a Christmas carol concert, Elfridges – the Christmas shop, quiz nights, chocolate bingo evenings, film nights, cake sales, a dance night for adults, a disco for school children and a summer fair.
When and where we meet
We usually meet every six weeks or so, in school, and we try to alternate holding our meetings during the school day or in the evenings.
This is to allow everyone a chance to attend some meetings. We have toys available for those that need to bring children with them. We do not expect everyone to attend meetings. All Minutes are available on the school website and can be emailed to you if you would like to be kept informed.
Look out for details of our next meeting on our newsletter and the school newsletters.
What the money is spent on
WISS events raise funds to support the work that goes on in the classroom.
Much of the money we raise is to provide all children in school with wonderful experiences which other schools ask parents/carers to pay for. We believe that all children at WIS should have the same opportunities.
In the last year, WISS has paid for:
- A Christmas present for every child
- Pantomime performance for all children
- Percy the Park Keeper - animal workshop for EYFS (Reception) children
- Falconry display for Year 1 children
- Drama workshop for Year 2 children
- New laptops for all children to use
- Easter Garden competition prizes
- Recycling bins for every classroom
- A donation of £3 per child towards the cost of school trips
- A disco and medals for all Year 2 leavers
Ways to help
We would love you to come and join us and there are a number of ways you can help:
- Come to a meeting and help plan and run an event
- Man a stall at the summer fair
- Serve refreshments on a Bingo night
- Ask your place of work if they would donate a raffle prize
- Bake a cake for a cake sale
If you cannot commit to any of the above don’t worry, the most important thing you can do is come and support our events.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
celebrating success oct 22.pdf
the london 10 peaks challenge.pdf
christmas light trail 2021 application form.pdf