our school GovernorS
Willesborough Infant School Governing Body
Chair of Governors: Liesl YorkVice Chair: Sam Whittingham
Headteacher: Fran Rusbridge
Co-opted Governor: Rev John MacKenzie
Co-opted Governor: Lyn Greenfield
Co-opted Governor: Shipra Arora
Co-opted Governors: Nicola Roberts
Local Authority Governor: Charlotte Coles
Staff Governor: Julie Larcombe
Associate Governor: Shelly King
Associate Governor: Kitty Healy
Clerk to the Governing Body: Kerry Percival-Smith
The role of the governing body is demanding but very rewarding. We work as a team and are there to offer support and advice, helping the school set high standards and targets for school improvement.
Our governing body is responsible for working with the school to provide strategic direction, to act as a “critical friend” and is committed to ensuring that Willesborough Infant School provides the best possible education for all our children. We work as a team and meet in full once a term. A great deal of work goes on between our meetings, supporting the work of the Headteacher and her staff who are responsible for leading and managing the school on a day-to-day basis.
'The Governor' Magazine
Our Chair of Governors, Liesl York wrote a piece for 'The Governor' magazine about our school's journey to obtaining the Governor Mark:
Governors meet with the children's school council to find out their views on school improvement priorities
Over the past year Governors have visited the School and carried out monitoring checks with a focus on many aspects of School life including:
- Teaching of Literacy
- Peer observation Support Programmes
- Health & Safety
- Training for Teaching Assistants
- Parent and Child events
Here are some examples of recent Governor monitoring visits since September 2016 (the start of this school year):
- Shipra has carried out SEND monitoring visits
- Richard has carried out Health and Safety monitoring visits
- Charlotte has carried out EYFS monitoring visits focusing on the positive impact of the reorganisation of our Reception classes to incorporate our 'bulge' year
- All Governors have been attending 'Governor Mark' working party meetings and our application for Governor Mark Status will be submitted by April 2017
- Sam has met with Emily, our Maths Leader to discuss the development of the Maths curriculum action plan
- John and Liesl have met with Fran to monitor the school's staff appraisal and performance management systems
Governor Recruitment ........
We have initiated and led a collaborative Governor Recruitment project, working with a number of other schools across our Ashford collaborative.
Click on the link below to view our film. What's Governance really about? Would you like to get involved?
What do you think about your child's school?
In addition to feedback and suggestions welcomed through our Open Door Policy we are eager to receive parents views on how the school is doing via Ofsted's Parent View website. Go to www.parentviewofsted.co.uk. to register or login and follow the onscreen instructions to give your views of your child's school.