Hi! We are The Green Gang. After an assembly on climate change and looking after our world, we nominated ourselves to be part of the new Green Gang. We nominated ourselves because we want to play our part in protecting and looking after our environment.
Welcome to our section of the website and here’s the gang:
Thomas and Poppy – Phoenix
Abigail and Maria – Pegasus
Heslyn and Thomas – Dragons
Emilia and Eddy - Unicorns
1st November 2019
We started by finding out just how ‘green’ we already are at WIS. We walked around the school looking for examples of how we are trying to care for and protect our environment.
We were quite impressed by what we found. Here are some of our ‘green’ findings:
- Most outside doors were shut
- Taps in the toilets were turned off
- Lots of green recycling bins for paper
- Recycling batteries
- Some lovely garden areas to attract pollinators
- Lights turned off in some rooms that were not being used
We also looked at ways in which we could be ‘greener’:
- Turn off the hall lights when it is not being used
- Close ALL outside doors
- Make sure we are not printing/photocopying sheets that are not being used
- We could have more recycling bins as these get full quite quickly
8th November 2019
We reflected on the ways in which we could be ‘greener’ at WIS and decided to make some posters to remind everyone to care for our school environment.
15th November 2019
We walked round the school and looked for good places to put up the posters.
Can you spot them around school?
Are people taking notice of them?